mksquashfs for reproducible squashfs
Add Reply
Andres Pavez
2018-06-11 04:35:21 UTC
Hi,
I will much appreciate if you can help me with the following:

Where I can find the exact command that tails use to generate a
reproducible filesystem.squashfs using mksquashfs?.

I have been following https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/12032 but
all my attempt to create a reproducible filesystem.squashfs have been
failed.
I have been using " -processors 1 -no-fragments "and i have compiled
my own mksquashfs based on Lamby patch to use SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH and i
cannot create a reproducible squashfs :(

Thanks for any help.
Best regards,
Andrés Pavez
intrigeri
2018-06-11 07:57:30 UTC
Post by Andres Pavez
Where I can find the exact command that tails use to generate a
reproducible filesystem.squashfs using mksquashfs?.
We pass this on release builds:

-comp xz -Xbcj x86 -b 1024K -Xdict-size 1024K -no-exports

… on top of what (our fork of) live-build 2.x passes.
Post by Andres Pavez
I have been using " -processors 1 -no-fragments "and i have compiled
my own mksquashfs based on Lamby patch to use SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH and i
cannot create a reproducible squashfs :(
These patches are not enough, you also need that one:
https://github.com/intrigeri/squashfs-tools/commit/c2c4d15580adee66b68c29eb9d2ee660225449bc

Cheers,
--
intrigeri