How to use a non-standard persistent volume?
Add Reply
sajolida
2018-06-08 08:54:00 UTC
Is there a way I can create and mount a persistent volume that isn't on a USB stick? I understand that this comes with security risks - My main aim here is develop and test tails features using virtual box or similar.
For testing purpose, I can tell you that Tails will offer to use a
persistent volume any GPT partition that has the name "TailsData".
But use at your own risk.

You can also use virt-manager from Linux which allows to work with
virtual USB sticks that support persistence:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/advanced_topics/virtualization/virt-manager/
sajolida
sajolida

sajolida
segfault
2018-06-11 13:56:00 UTC
Is there a way I can create and mount a persistent volume that isn't
on a USB stick? I understand that this comes with security risks - My
main aim here is develop and test tails features using virtual box or
similar.

For testing purposes, you can also use this tool to create a disk image
from a Tails ISO. You can boot the resulting image via
libvirt/virt-manager and create a persistent partition on it:

https://gitlab.com/segfault3/tails-usb-image-from-iso

Cheers