Monero!
t***@protonmail.com
2018-06-06 11:35:05 UTC
Hey peeps. Absolutely loving the distro. One thing doesn’t make sense to me though. In the spirit of keeping things anonymous. Wouldn’t it make more sense to utilise a coin such as monero as well as bitcoin rather than btc being the only option. As we all know the blockchain transactions are public with btc. XMR + tails seems like a winner to me!

Regards

Anon
intrigeri
2018-06-10 09:59:15 UTC
Hey peeps. Absolutely loving the distro. One thing doesn’t make sense to me though.
In the spirit of keeping things anonymous. Wouldn’t it make more sense to utilise
a coin such as monero as well as bitcoin rather than btc being the only option. As we
all know the blockchain transactions are public with btc. XMR + tails seems like
a winner to me!
As far as I can tell, the Monero client software is not available in
Debian as discussed a couple times in the past:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/14390
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/13443

Cheers,
intrigeri
t***@protonmail.com
2018-06-10 11:26:30 UTC
Neither is electrum litecoin but I’ve managed to install that

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile
intrigeri
2018-06-10 13:14:22 UTC
Neither is electrum litecoin but I’ve managed to install that
Sure, one gets root inside Tails and can install whatever they want,
the only limit being (in most cases) your technical skills.

Now, what we install in Tails by default and what less technical users
can install is another topic: it has to be in Debian first.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri