Debug or a high level of logging still present when using obfs4 bridges
President Camacho
2018-06-05 13:01:00 UTC
Debug or a high level of logging still present in
/var/log/tor/log when using obfs4 bridges.

This is a reminder that this problem continues to exist in Tails 3.7.
(and several versions prior)

"[warn] Your log may contain sensitive information - you're logging more
than "notice". Don't log unless it serves an important reason. Overwrite
the log afterwards."

The logging is crazy and consumes several MB per session.
intrigeri
2018-06-10 10:02:23 UTC
Post by President Camacho
Debug or a high level of logging still present in
/var/log/tor/log when using obfs4 bridges.
Indeed. My understanding of the code is that this higher level of
logging is enabled temporarily and we revert to the default logging
level as soon as the correct time has been set.
Post by President Camacho
The logging is crazy and consumes several MB per session.
What practical problem does this cause?

Cheers,
--
intrigeri