Debian GNU/Linux backports
Loic Dachary
2018-01-10 07:41:11 UTC
Bonjour,

Some software is installed from Debian GNU/Linux side, with an explicit exception. That makes them susceptible to unexpected changes and I wonder if it would be advisable to add a backports.list in addition to sid.list to be able to get more stable and yet newer packages. My initial impulse was to just propose a patch to do that but ... I then thought there may be a good reason why this is disabled[1]. Or maybe I just missed something ;-)

Thoughts ?

[1]
tails/auto/config
# set Amnesia's general options
$RUN_LB_CONFIG \
--verbose \
--apt-recommends false \
--architecture amd64 \
--backports false \

chroot_sources/stretch-backports.chroot:1:deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch-backports main contrib non-free
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre
intrigeri
2018-02-28 11:20:13 UTC
Post by Loic Dachary
Some software is installed from Debian GNU/Linux side, with an explicit exception.
That makes them susceptible to unexpected changes and I wonder if it would be
advisable to add a backports.list in addition to sid.list to be able to get more
stable and yet newer packages.
Tails 3.6 will come with stretch-backports enabled by default.
We now fetch some packages from there and I don't expect it'll change
until Tails 4.0 (Buster) is released.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri