Tails - News
2018-06-10 13:35:04 UTC
This release fixes [many security issues](https://tails.boum.org/security/Nume
rous_security_holes_in_3.7/index.en.html) and users should upgrade as soon as
## Upgrades and changes
* Upgrade _Tor Browser_ to 7.5.5.
This fixes a [critical issue in
announced on June 6.
* Upgrade _Thunderbird_ to 52.8.0.
This partly mitigates the infamous EFAIL attack and fixes importing OpenPGP
keys from keyservers with Enigmail.
## Fixed problems
* Fix setting a screen locker password with non-ASCII characters. ([#15636](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/15636))
* Rename the _WhisperBack_ launcher to "WhisperBack Error Reporting" so that users have a better chance to understand what it does. ([#6432](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6432))
For more details, read our [changelog](https://git-
# Known issues
None specific to this release.
See the list of [long-standing
# Get Tails 3.7.1
* To install, follow our [installation instructions](https://tails.boum.org/install/index.en.html).
* To upgrade, automatic upgrades are available from 3.6, 3.6.1, 3.6.2, and 3.7 to 3.7.1.
If you cannot do an automatic upgrade or if Tails fails to start after an
automatic upgrade, please try to do a [manual
* [Download Tails 3.7.1.](https://tails.boum.org/install/download/index.en.html)
# What's coming up?
Tails 3.8 is [scheduled](https://tails.boum.org/contribute/calendar/) for June
Have a look at our [roadmap](https://tails.boum.org/contribute/roadmap) to see
where we are heading to.
We need your help and there are many ways to [contribute to
([donating](https://tails.boum.org/donate?r=3.7.1) is only one of them). Come
[talk to us](https://tails.boum.org/about/contact/index.en.html#tails-dev)!
amnesia-news mailing list
To unsubscribe from this list, send an empty email to firstname.lastname@example.org.