[Tails-dev] Kernel Headers?
Marco Betschart
2018-06-09 17:43:30 UTC
Quick heads up on MacBook 12“ 2015 support:
Was able to successfully build Tails. It works within Parallels.

Now I’m stuck compiling the apple spi drivers. I added a script in config/chroot_local-hooks called 13-1-apple-spi.
I also added the code of its Git repository to config/chroot_local-includes/usr/src/applespi-0.1

Now, the config/chroot_local-hooks/13-1-apple-spi just does:

dkms install -m applespi -v0.1

And I always get the following error during build; how to fix?

DKMS: Add completed.
Error! echo
Your kernel headers for kernel 4.9.0-6-amd64 cannot be found at /lib/modules/4.9.0-6-amd64/build or /lib/modules/4.9.0-6-amd64/source
intrigeri
2018-06-09 17:48:47 UTC
Post by Marco Betschart
Was able to successfully build Tails. It works within Parallels.
Great!
Post by Marco Betschart
Now I’m stuck compiling the apple spi drivers. I added a script in config/chroot_local-hooks called 13-1-apple-spi.
I also added the code of its Git repository to config/chroot_local-includes/usr/src/applespi-0.1
I suggest you instead do the same as we do for the aufs module, see
the submodules/aufs4-standalone Git submodule
and the corresponding bits in auto/config.

This allows to keep all submodules in one single place, which I hope
simplifies a tiny bit submodules handling (by making it more explicit)
for contributors who are not at ease with them.
Post by Marco Betschart
dkms install -m applespi -v0.1
And I always get the following error during build; how to fix?
DKMS: Add completed.
Error! echo
Your kernel headers for kernel 4.9.0-6-amd64 cannot be found at /lib/modules/4.9.0-6-amd64/build or /lib/modules/4.9.0-6-amd64/source
Same as above, see the build hook we use for aufs in
config/chroot_local-hooks/13-aufs.

Cheers,
intrigeri
Marco Betschart
intrigeri
It's hard to tell without seeing your code. Care to push a Git branch?
Marco Betschart
2018-06-09 23:22:14 UTC
Would love to push the branch; but don’t seem to have access rights to do it.
Attached the git patch with my changes. Hope you can help out on this:
intrigeri
2018-06-10 09:57:32 UTC
Would love to push the branch; but don’t seem to have access rights to do it.
Indeed, you don't have commit access to the official Tails Git
repository.

So you can fork our repository e.g. on https://gitlab.com/Tails/tails
or wherever you prefer.
I think you need to pass a suitable -k argument to the dkms command.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri